The CCAM Equipment Checkout offers advanced media production equipment, including video cameras, lighting, and sound kits, to check out at no cost.
It is open to Yale students who are:
- currently enrolled in production-based Film and Media Studies or Art (filmmaking concentration) courses,
- currently enrolled in courses that are part of the CCAM Curriculum in Residence,
- working on a CPA (Creative and Performing Arts) Award project, or
- participating in the CCAM Studio Fellowship.
Please note that the amount of equipment is limited and will be available a first-come, first-served basis for these users only.
For the 2023–2024 academic year, the Equipment Checkout will open on October 3, 2023 and close on December 18, 2023. The Equipment Checkout operates only while Yale College courses are in session (view the current Academic Year calendar here). It is closed during all recess periods, and no exceptions will be made.
Approved users may reserve equipment here:
CCAM also advises taking advantage of partner equipment libraries:
- The Bass Library Media Equipment Checkout offers a comprehensive range of film, photography, and other equipment to all members of the Yale community.
- Graduate students enrolled in School of Art courses should use the School of Art Equipment Loan Office (ELO).
- Undergraduate students enrolled in Art major photography courses should contact their professor to secure equipment.
- Undergraduate performance projects being advised by the Undergraduate Production team can access gear from the UP Inventory and Equipment Catalog.
Yale FilmNet is a collaborative community that connects and supports students, faculty, staff, and alums through filmmaking. Hosted by CCAM and working closely with the film faculty at Yale, FilmNet conducts technical workshops, partners with the film industry to develop programming, and organizes networking events for the Yale film community. From pre-production techniques to mentorship, Yale FilmNet provides the resources and community to support successful filmmaking at Yale.