COVID 19 Filmmaking Policies
All filmmaking must be conducted in compliance with COVID-19 policies and laws, including masking and group gathering limits. Yale filmmaking must follow the below procedures.
Yale College film projects are eligible for Creative and Performing Arts awards.
Please contact Dean Kate Krier with questions about filmmaking during COVID.
NOTE: CCAM Lending Lab equipment is only available for checkout to enrolled (not on leave) students.
All Yale filmmakers and users of CCAM equipment agree to abide by the following policies:
- Filmmakers will conduct all film production in accordance with current state and local guidelines at filming locations.
- Filmmakers will conduct all film production in accordance with the Yale Community Compact regardless of filming location.
- Filmmakers will conduct all film production in accordance with Yale Events, Gatherings, and Meetings Protocols regardless of filming location. Filmmakers will carefully monitor guidance on maximum gathering capacity and adapt filming plans to follow that guidance on set.
- Filmmakers will abide by any health and safety measures the university requires for return to campus after travel outside Connecticut, which may include testing and quarantine.
- Per the Community Compact, all cast and production team members are required to wear a mask while indoors, regardless of location. The only exception to the masking requirement is for individuals alone or with roommates, while in their own living spaces.
- Filmmakers will continuously monitor public health conditions and guidelines, updating or canceling production if public health conditions and guidelines dictate.
Please contact Dean Kate Krier for more information.