COVID 19 Filmmaking Policies
All filmmaking must be conducted in compliance with COVID-19 policies and laws, including masking and group gathering limits. Yale filmmaking must follow the below procedures.
Yale College film projects are eligible for Creative and Performing Arts awards.
NOTE: CCAM Lending Lab equipment is only available for checkout to enrolled (not on leave) students.
All Yale filmmakers and users of CCAM equipment agree to abide by the following policies:
- Film Teams should follow Yale’s Visitors Policy
- Film teams should follow Safer Yale Practices guidance.
- Masking must observe the Yale Mask Requirements and Guidance.
- Filmmakers will conduct all film production in accordance with current state and local guidelines at filming locations.
- Filmmakers will conduct all film production in accordance with Yale Events, Gatherings, and Meetings guidance regardless of filming location. Filmmakers will carefully monitor guidance on maximum gathering capacity and adapt filming plans to follow that guidance on set.
- Filmmakers will abide by any health and safety measures the university requires for return to campus after travel outside Connecticut, which may include testing and quarantine.
- Filmmakers will continuously monitor public health conditions and guidelines, updating or canceling production if public health conditions and guidelines dictate.
Additional permissions, with additional safety measures, may be granted to senior project films in recognition of the capstone nature of that work.
Please contact Dean Kate Krier with questions about filmmaking during COVID.