Employment - Technical Manager
Title: Part-Time Technical Manager
Review of applications will begin on Friday, June 28, and will continue until position is filled.
Position Focus: Yale Center for Collaborative Arts and Media (CCAM) seeks a part-time Technical Manager to coordinate and implement technical and equipment related needs, in support of the Center’s collaborative interdisciplinary arts research mission.
Hours: 15 hours a week, year round. Non-benefited. $38.46 hourly rate.
Reports to: Director, Center for Collaborative Arts and Media
- Provide specialized technical support and oversee maintenance of CCAM related equipment including labs, computers, printers, motion capture studio and Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality (AR/VR) related stations and headsets.
- Manage all CCAM equipment checkout, processes and policies, and co-manage Student Technology Collective (STC) student workers.
- Liaise with Yale Information Technology Services (ITS) to maintain operational technical, research, and learning resources. Serve as designated Yale ITS partner for CCAM and attend required ITS training.
- Stay informed about current and emerging technologies and make recommendations to the Center for new hardware and software. Purchase new equipment for the center. Maintain and update software and equipment in CCAM studios, labs, and classrooms.
- Lead workshops and training activities that share CCAMs technological resources with the Yale community.
- Provide specialized technical support for CCAM artists in residence, faculty and student work, and classes and events at CCAM.
- Manage up to three student workers to help maintain and evaluate equipment and technology at CCAM.
- Carry out duties while exercising a high degree of autonomy and discretion.
Education and experience:
- Required: Bachelor’s degree (in art or technology related areas)
- Required: Two years of professional work experience in technical theater/film production, interactive digital art installation, or equivalent experience.
- Preferred: Master’s degree in a relevant field of artistic or creative practice.
- Experience with purchasing and maintaining Audio/Video equipment.
- Proficiency in both Mac and Windows platforms.
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite, 3D Animation and Modeling Software, Video Production and Editing software, Sound Mixing and Editing Software, Mocap Software, Motion-builder, AR/VR Development Platforms, and Python, Java, HTML, basic web and database programming skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a variety of technology for arts related fields and production methods, and a demonstrated ability to work closely with artists and researchers across digital mediums including sound, video, mixed reality, immersive theater, projection design, motion capture, and motion graphics.
- Ability to develop programs that serve both technical and artistic audiences, in the spirit of collaboration and interdisciplinary arts production.
- Superior communications and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and build teams to accomplish research and institutional goals.
- Desire to work closely with others in the interests of facilitating their artistic goals while maximizing and presenting new technical possibilities.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to learn new skills and technical mediums.
- Demonstrated initiative; self-starter; creative.
- Stand for long periods.
- Repeatedly bend, stoop, kneel, crawl, squat and crouch.
- Repeatedly lift, carry, push or pull up to 50 lbs.
- Climb stairs and ladders and work effectively at elevations up to 20’.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful background check.
Diverse candidates/women are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please submit an online application form. All application documents including a cover letter and resume can be uploaded through the application form.