Employment - Director
DIRECTOR, CENTER FOR COLLABORATIVE ARTS AND MEDIA (CCAM)
• Collaborate with and serve a broad core constituency, including the professional schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music, as well as Yale College, and collaborate closely with an advisory board that is comprised of faculty representatives from the CCAM’s core constituents.
• Lead and manage CCAM staff.
• Manage and support the work of the CCAM Advisory Committee including: convene and facilitate regular meetings; manage committee communications; assist with setting of agendas; outreach to core constituencies; present on activities, issues, and priorities of the CCAM; and otherwise ensure the smooth and effective functioning of the Committee.
• Work closely with Yale Development to steward existing donor relationships and to develop new donor relationships; steward existing relationships with corporate partners and develop new relationships; advise on setting fundraising priorities for the center; present a compelling vision for the center in fundraising/stewardship meetings and correspondence; collaborate with Development on annual stewardship letters; travel as appropriate to meet with donors or potential donors; prepare and deliver reports for donors on Center mission and activities.
• Manage curricular activities at the Center. Program courses hosted at the center. In partnership with art Schools, Departments, and Programs, advise on development of courses related to the center and teach up to one course per semester.
• Recommend goals and priorities for the CCAM.
• Lead the Center in its role as an interdisciplinary arts research hub: develop and lead programs that bridge the arts and sciences.
• Lead the Center in its role as an inter-school and inter-department resource for creative project planning, technical guidance, training, and mentorship.
• Guide the Center’s staff members in their efforts to support learning through digital media production.
• Foster an environment of welcoming inclusivity for students, staff, and faculty at Yale University.
• Lead ongoing assessment of existing programs and development of new programs and service.
• Ensure that the resources offered at the CCAM are coordinated with overall University technology strategy.
• Lead strategic development in accordance with the mission of the CCAM and in conjunction with the CCAM advisory committee and Yale College Assistant Dean for the Arts.
• Maintain a professional network with peer institutions and affiliate resources, both internal and external to Yale University, in the advancement of goals outlined by the mission and vision of the CCAM.
• Lead budget planning, oversight, and strategic development of CCAM resources.
• Arts professional with demonstrated practical experience in one or more emerging media fields, academic instruction, and arts management.
• Terminal degree in arts-area field of study.
• Clear and demonstrable understanding of a wide array of creative digital media practices and presentation methods, with an openness and vision for experimental, exploratory, and alternative production modalities.
• Minimum of six years of experience working in higher education arts-area leadership position.
• Demonstrated professional record of exhibition, theatrical or film production, live performance, new media installation, or related arts practice.
• Superior written and oral communication skills, and an ability to effectively work with both technical and non-technical personnel at all levels in the university.
• Advanced project management and time management skills.